Abraham Lincoln Top Quotes

 Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865) was an American lawyer, politician, and statesman who served as the 16th president of the United States from 1861 until his assassination in 1865. Lincoln led the United States through the American Civil War, defending the nation as a constitutional union, defeating the insurgent Confederacy, playing a major role in the abolition of slavery, expanding the power of the federal government, and modernizing the U.S. economy.


Here are some of Abraham Lincoln's  quotes:

1. "Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth." 

2. "Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."

3. "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

4. "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

5. "I am a slow walker, but I never walk back."

6. "My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure."

7. "The best way to predict your future is to create it."

8. "I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday."

9. "Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally."

10. "Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing."

11. "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

12. "My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right."

13. "Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?"

14. "I don't like that man. I must get to know him better."

15. "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

16. "I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong."

17. "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."

18. "I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice."

19. "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."

20. "Whatever you are, be a good one."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post