Sir Isaac Newton Top Quotes

 Sir Isaac Newton (25 December 1642 – 20 March 1726/27) was an English polymath active as a mathematicianphysicistastronomeralchemisttheologian, and author who was described in his time as a natural philosopher.He was a key figure in the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment that followed. His pioneering book Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica (Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy), first published in 1687, consolidated many previous results and established classical mechanics.


Here are some of Isaac Newton's most notable quotes:

1. "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."

2. "I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people."

3. "To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction."

4. "What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean."

5. "Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things."

6. "Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who sets the planets in motion."

7. "A man may imagine things that are false, but he can only understand things that are true, for if the things be false, the apprehension of them is not understanding."

8. "No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess."

9. "Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy."

10. "Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy."

11. "To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me."

12. "If I have done the public any service, it is due to my patient thought."

13. "Errors are not in the art but in the artificers."

14. "Live your life as an Exclamation rather than an Explanation."

15. "Plato is my friend, Aristotle is my friend, but my greatest friend is truth."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post